VDL Bus & Coach - Senior Manager Tendering
VDL Bus & Coach is an international partner in developing and transitioning to smart and sustainable transport solutions that add value for people. Now and in the future.
The core activities of VDL Bus & Coach consist of the development, manufacturing, sales and after-sales of a wide range of buses, coaches and chassis modules, the conversion or extension of mini & midi buses and the purchase and sales of used buses. VDL Bus & Coach places high value on quality, safety, durability, the environment, low fuel consumption, comfort and low maintenance costs.
In the transition to zero emission transport, VDL Bus & Coach offers turnkey solutions and is not only bus supplier but also system supplier. Sales of VDL Bus & Coach products take place through a worldwide network consisting of corporate-owned sales offices, importers and agents in more than 30 countries. On behalf of this strong organization we are currently looking for a Senior Manager Tendering.
• Manage the public transport quotations/ tenders in cooperation with a team of Commercial Project Managers, the external (local) sales organizations, factories, the after sales/ parts organization and the financial department;
• Expand public transport activities according to the strategic sales plan;
• Focus on e-mobility product portfolio and expand the frontrunner role in 'zero emission public transport'.
• Manage the ‘tender factory’ and manage the Commercial Project Management Teams;
• Coordinate all public transport tenders/orders with the aim to increase the success rate & manage the process / risks;
• Manage a correct execution of the tenders/ orders according to predefined conditions;
• Structure and monitor the processes for successful and efficient tendering for all public transport markets;
• Lead and overview tender processes from start of lobby, to 'request for information', 'request for quotation', order definition, delivery process and financial process.
• Control requested and offered commercial conditions, risk assessments and contract examinations;
• Add value to strategic decisions to win a bid, based on your experience and knowledge;
• Support and train national sales organizations of new public transport markets & roll out all relevant processes;
• Have an international focus on the core markets (EMEA), which are divided over a team of Commercial Project Managers;
• Report to the Business Manager Public Transport & for larger projects to the Bid Committee (including MT members + Country Director).
• Completed education on Bachelor/ University level in combination with more than 10 years relevant working experience (international public transport tendering experience is preferred);
• Have project management skills in combination with proven leadership and commercial skills;
• Are a strong communicator and a cooperative and structured manager who sets the example;
• Can be described as both punctual and creative and have the willingness to travel (with a flexible mentality);
• Solid knowledge of English language, both spoken and written (preferably also Dutch, French and/ or German).
Van der Wijngaart & Partners