LeasePlan/ CarNext.com - (Jr.) Real Estate Manager
In this challenging and international role you will be responsible to manage real estate search and selection procedures throughout Europe. You will take the lead in managing local broker service providers collecting a longlist of all potential properties. The next step is working through this longlist with cross functional teams to get to shortlisted options which will have to be visited and ranked prior and be presented to the Management Team. Approved options need proper diligence and skilled communication to bring the potential deal to the next level and in the end get the lease contract signed. (including but not limited to scope allocation, leasing terms, commercial and legal negotiations, etc.)
• Be the first point of contact for internal CarNext.com Real Estate inquiries and European Broker service providers;
• Collaborate and coordinate with leadership across the organization to ensure that long-term business strategy and priorities are being achieved through leveraging the physical footprint and resources;
• Be responsible for researching and analysing sites in Europe conform established guidelines, procedures and policies;
• Understand zoning and licensing requirements per region which should enable to advise and assist local teams;
• Visit and inspect prospective properties to determine suitability and feasibility;
• Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and other market data to identify and prioritize key trade areas, and allow for objective decision making;
• Provide economical input to include into site evaluation packages for executive management;
• Assist local teams with LOI/lease contract negotiations;
• Work with project management and local teams to establish a proper work letter, clearly indicating negotiated results of scope and related owners;
• Work with project management and local teams throughout the lifecycle of the lease to determine build-out and capital budget amounts;
• Evaluate issues and propose cost effective real estate solutions and monitor portfolio activities, budgets and search/project timelines;
• Support the Senior Real Estate Manager with day-to-day project, planning and reporting activities.
• Completed education on bachelor level in field of real estate, finance or business administration.
• Possess at least 2 years’ of real estate or other relevant experience;
• Are an Analytical thinker with the ability to simplify complex issues and topics;
• Are able to communicate effectively with all level of staff and influence decision making;
• Know to structure project activities, resource allocation and timing
• Have the ability to make effective use of problem-solving methods and are able to convert strategic objectives into practical activities;
• Have knowledge of the necessary tools and systems (e.g. MS Office)
• Have used to, and enjoy working in, a truly cross functional and global context, building long lasting relationships;
• Know to communicate fluent in Dutch and English, both oral and written;
• Above all have the desire to deliver & succeed!
• A challenging job where you work on a product that is rolled out worldwide. Besides, it is an inspiring environment that is always in motion;
• A workplace in a beautiful new office in Amsterdam;
• The opportunity to develop yourself in a growing international environment;
• An appropriate salary and excellent secondary employment.
With the launch of CarNext.com, the aim is to disrupt the European market for high-quality used cars. This new B2B and B2C digital marketplace, powered by LeasePlan Corporation, will enable customers to buy, lease, and subscribe to high-quality used cars in Europe. Its mission is to create the leading marketplace for flexible mobility solutions in Europe centered on trust, efficiency and transparency. Using a proprietary, data-driven model, CarNext.com can match supply and demand across Europe. CarNext.com is supported by a network of Delivery Stores, where customers can view cars, receive consultation services before making a final purchase decision ánd getting their car delivered at home. For customers, CarNext.com is all about enjoying the ride!
CarNext.com has the ambition to grow to over 50 delivery stores by 2020. In connection with this growth, we are currently looking for an
Jr. Real Estate Manager
Van der Wijngaart & Partners