Kawasaki Motors Europe - Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Are you ready for a next step in your career and do you have a passion for (motorcycle) technics, engineering and regulations? Then you might be the right Regulatory Affairs Specialist for Kawasaki Europe!
In the challenging field of future technical requirements and product specifications, consumer law and product liability, you will deliver an important contribution to all operational matters relating to industry relations & technical affairs.
• Monitor and prepare summary reports on EU regulations, -directives, -guidelines, -standards (and more) and report on developments regarding industry associations and relations (e.g. ACEM, lobby- and governmental agencies, ATVEA, IMEC)
• Prepare comments or position of Kawasaki related to discussions in industry developments (technical and or regulatory);
• Liaise between market and Kawasaki HQ regarding factory required action and proposals and play a coordinating role in national industry associations activities;
• Maintain a legal database for all existing and upcoming areas of European and national law appertaining to the use and specification of product, consumer law and product liability;
• Deputize for Regulatory Affairs Manager and Assistant Manager at industry associations meetings.
• Have completed education at bachelor/ university level and have gained your first working experience in a technical/ engineering/ homologation position (in the automotive or motorcycle industry);
• Have strong analytical, organizational and project management skills;
• Are able to work confidentially with organizational sensitivity and with multicultural awareness;
• Can be described as an independent, open minded, proactive and resilient personality with an hands-on mentality;
• Are able to structure activities and separate main- from side issues and have sound knowledge of necessary IT tools;
• Know to communicate fluent in English, both oral and written, and willing to travel throughout Europe on regular basis;
• Preferable knowledge of chemical substance legislation (REACH) and/ or experience with regulatory European affairs;
• Above all: You have the desire to deliver & succeed!
• A challenging role within an international and professional A-brand organization;
• Ample scope for personal development and growth;
• An independent and responsible position within an ambitious team;
• Good employment conditions (salary, 13th month, travel allowance, bonus).
Kawasaki Motors Europe N.V. is the European head office of the Consumer Products Division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, which is one of the most versatile and successful Japanese industrial companies. The origins of Kawasaki lay in 1878, when Shozo Kawasaki founded his own shipyard. Currently the mother company has about a hundred subsidiaries worldwide, all involved in industrial and high tech production. Robots, ships, aircraft, trains and motorcycles are just a few of the products that Kawasaki Heavy Industries develops and produces. Best-known by consumers are Kawasaki motorcycles, Jet Ski personal watercrafts and all-terrain Vehicles. The company culture is characterized by a passion for motorcycles and the joint ambition for success.
Van der Wijngaart & Partners