Kawasaki Motors Benelux - Dealer & Customer Support Representative
In this challenging and international role you will be responsible for technical support to dealers and customers within the Benelux. You will operate closely with dealers to determine requirements and to solve technical issues. You will provide technical consulting on company products and supporting activities to dealer staff in order to develop diagnostic and technical skills and together with the sales department you will further develop the parts & accessory business of Kawasaki in the Benelux.
Therefore you will:
• Be responsible for the day-to-day activities concerning warranty related technical issues and dealer/ customers care;
• Respond to inquiries from dealers and customers concerning technical related product questions and perform technical investigations and audits at dealer locations when required;
• Respond to requests for technical maintenance services, discuss high level technical issues with the workshop technicians and technical service managers;
• Provide new model dealer training on an average basis and perform technical service translations and distribution of technical service documentation (in Dutch, French and English language);
• Analyze the parts and accessory business at dealer level and collect, analyze and report relevant market information;
• Be on the road one day a week for visiting dealers and to provide technical support.
• Completed higher vocational education or achieved this level by working experience.
• Have technical knowledge at Technician 1 level;
• Are experienced in the field of dealer & customer support (within the automotive industry);
• Are able to communicate fluent in Dutch, English and preferably French (or willing to learn);
• Have sound computer knowledge (Windows, MS Office);
• Operate with a service- and customer oriented focus and you are analytical, curious and ambitious.
• A challenging role within an international and professional A-brand organization;
• Ample scope for personal development and growth;
• An independent and responsible position within an ambitious team;
• Good employment conditions (salary, 13th month, travel allowance, bonus).
Kawasaki Motors Benelux in Hoofddorp is head office of The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg of the Consumer Products division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, which is one of the most versatile and successful Japanese industrial companies. The origins of Kawasaki lay in 1878, when Shozo Kawasaki founded his own shipyard. Currently the mother company has about a hundred subsidiaries worldwide, all involved in industrial and high tech production. Robots, ships, aircraft, trains and motorcycles are just a few of the products that Kawasaki Heavy Industries develops and produces. Best-known by consumers are Kawasaki motorcycles, Jet Ski personal watercrafts and All-Terrain Vehicles. The company culture is characterized by a passion for motorcycles and the joint ambition for success.
Van der Wijngaart & Partners